During dental emergencies, your initial reaction is shock and then panic. It is important to stay calm in a dental emergency in Stuart, so you can visit your dentist. First aid is important because this determines the chance of your teeth getting fixed. Here are the top 3 first aid tips if you have an emergency.
1. Knocked out Tooth
If you knocked out a tooth, it is important to get to your dentist within an hour, so it is still possible to put it back.
- Do not touch the root. The root has tissues that can help reintegrate your tooth to your gums.
- Try to put it back to its socket. Make sure the tooth is put the right way.
- Go to your dentist immediately.
2. Loose Tooth
If you feel like your permanent tooth is partially dislodged or loose, it is important that you see your dentist immediately. On the way to your dentist, do the following:
- Apply a cold compress on the affected area.
3. Facial Swelling
See your dentist immediately especially if the swelling hampers you from breathing or swallowing properly. This could be a consequence of an infection in your jawbone, tooth or gums.
- Do not lay down. Sit straight so you can breathe better.
- Drink lots of water.
- See your dentist immediately.
Do You Have a Dental Emergency in Stuart?
At Family and Implant Dentistry of Stuart, we are proud to provide families with quality comprehensive oral care. We offer a wide range of affordable dentistry services for patients of all ages, including emergency procedures and walk-ins. Contact us today to see what patient-centered care is about!